สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Monday, July 7, 2008

A Big Adventure





Less than 4 weeks to go.


I only just realised a week ago when I was in Ottawa for Canada Day, how much I am going to miss not only my family and friends, but all the people in Thailand when I have to come back home. You see, all of the inbounds were on their Cross Country Canada trip and they happened to be in Ottawa the same time I was. I was very fortunate to see them [which I was really surprised about] and I got to spend a Canada Day with them, as well as the train ride to Toronto the next day.

It hadn't really hit me any of the times I had ever said good bye to them, that I wouldn't see many of them again [or at least for a very long time]. At Karoliina's goodbye party I didn't think I would see them again but I didn't cry when I said fairwell to everyone.

On the way home it didn't really register with me that at the end of the train ride I would be saying goodbye to a few of my friends for good. However, when the train stopped and we were cueing to leave the train, Bam called my name out and gestured to me for a hug. When Bam looks sad, you can't help but be sad as well and I struggled to keep back my tears. Saying goodbye to Karoliina, Bam, Yuki, Carla, Henrique and Antonin was so hard. Maybe that time it was the hardest because I knew that I wouldn't have another chance before they went home to say goodbye.

Rotary is crazy. I would pay every single dollar I am paying for my plane ticket, my insurance and spending money, even if I didn't end up going to Thailand. Just meeting all the inbounds and all the outbounds and spending so many awesome days and nights together has been worth all the money in the world. And I can't believe that the adventure doesn't even begin for another 4 weeks. I feel like this year has been an adventure already. After seeing how upset I was from saying good bye to my rotary friends, I cannot even fathom how upset I will be leaving my family and friends, and when I leave Thailand.

This year is going to be the best year of my life. I won't ever forget it; I know this and I haven't even left yet. It's amazing, every piece of it. And the adventure starts in less than 4 weeks.


Peace and Love

No comments: