สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Mountain

I am sore again, but this time not from running a race; from climbing a mountain. This was not just any mountain, but a 4km hike up the steep side of a thickly forested cliff - lots of climbing from rock to rock, lots of falling and lots of sweat. It took us 2 hours to get to the destination and by the time we got there I had said numerous times how I was "never going to climb this damned mountain again." But once we did get to the destination, and I saw what the 2 hour drive to the mountain and the 2 hour climb was for, I immediatley took my comments back and vowed to come back to this spot many more times before my exchange was over.

At the top was a cavern, dressed as a home for some monks. We spent the rest of the morning talking with the monks in their cavern home about righteousness and the path of life. I can't say much more, it was too much of an incredible experience to put in words - plus the whole experience feels very personal to me; it was me and the cavern. What happens on the mountain, stays on the mountain.

So I will leave this post at that, and if you want to see what put me in awe of life itself, you'll just have to come to Thailand.

"Come roll in all the riches all around you, and for once never wonder what they're worth"
- Pochahontas

No comments: