สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Sunday, February 8, 2009

Alive Again

It's enevitable this would happen; I knew it would happen before I even came to Thailand. I would lose friends, and I would make friends; it's an experience of life itself.

After being here for 6 months I have realised I love my family more than anything - they are always there for me and support me in everything I do, even if they aren't happy about it. I didn't used to get along perfectly well with all of them, but I can now say that the distance has strengthened our relationship and I can't imagine a family different than them. They are perfect.

I have noticed who my true friends are - the friends who have always cared about me, the ones who never truly did, and the people I have never really noticed that are now more important to me than anything. I have lost friends I thought would be there forever; in return I have gained friends that I know will stick around.

To be honest, I wasn't perfectly happy in Canada. Not that there is anything wrong with Canada but I didn't feel honestly happy about my life or anything in it. That has changed immensely. I am now a truly happy person, in every aspect of my life. Even if something upsets me, frusterates me or makes me angry, deep down I am ecstaticly content and I can't stop smiling; nothing gets me down anymore.

It's a wonderful feeling, change. It's fresh and new; it's a feeling I have never truly experienced before.

When I mentioned this to Tony the other day he said, "It sounds more like you are in love." I guess I am in love, with life.

"I feel so Bohemian like you"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma, I sit here and read your post with tears streaming down my face. Everything you have written has left me feeling so envious of you. Myself a grown woman with 2 teenagers can't help but feel jealous of all you've seen, all you've done and how it has forever changed your outlook. I am sure your parents have always been proud of you but these past 6 months you've shared so much and grown so much it has been an amazing journey watching you grow up and gain so much wisdom. I only wish it could have been me about 20 years ago embarking on such a journey.