สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Friday, February 20, 2009

Expectant Mother

All the rumours about weight gain on exchange are true; I know weigh 10 kg more, roughly the weight of two babies. I have decided to name my food children Khanom Pang Noei Nom [bread with condensed milk, butter and sugar] and Nam Neuang [a Vietnamese dish consisting of sausage rolled in rice paper with bananas, peanut sauce, starfruit and garlic].

"We are all in this together" - Ben Lee

6 comments:

Matt St Jean said...

The second one sounds crazier than the first. I don't think I could eat those ...

emmaelizabeth said...

the second one is like .. my LIFE
sooooo delicious. i will miss it when i return - unless i can find these special green bananas where you can eat the peel in canada. i doubt it though ):

emmaelizabeth said...

the second one is like .. my LIFE
sooooo delicious. i will miss it when i return - unless i can find these special green bananas where you can eat the peel in canada. i doubt it though ):

Matt St Jean said...

you'll be able to find them. i could ask my dad, he's got mad chinatown hookups

Taylor said...

I gained 7 kgs here. Which is two light babies, haha. If I were to name them it would probably have to be "pan" (bread) and papa (potatoe). Although I must say most of it went to my buttcheeks, now I have more of a bubblebutt.

emmaelizabeth said...

ME TOO!!!!
my butt is so big now - i cant put some of my pants on.