สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Sunday, May 17, 2009

Island Wilderness

The green snake slithered down the branch of the palm tree as I stared at him from my balcony overlooking the Andaman Sea. Snakes interest me, and I've never had the chance to see a snake move so gracefully across the surface of a tree trunk; the only snake meetings I've had are with garden snakes that dance across your toes in long grass, drugged pythons that reptile shows like to place around your neck and snakes of all sizes in zoos, where they barely move an inch and stay wrapped in a coil the entire time.
The movements of the snake were fascinating - every once in a while he would lift his head from the trunk and swing it in the air, deciding on which way to go and whether or not there was food nearby. As he crept the length of the tree it appeared that he wasn't moving apart from the stripes on his skin flowing gently and his body stretching into loops and curves. I've never seen an animal move so calmly in such a graceful manner. Jeanne and Lynne thought it was gross and a woman walking beneath it shuddered away but I thought it was amusing. You don't see snakes on trees everyday in Canada.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get" - Forrest Gump.

1 comment:

Lioness said...

I'm with you on eht fascinating part. I've always liked snakes....