สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Sunday, May 17, 2009

Phang Nga Bay

It broke through the surface of the sea, skidded across the clear ripples - dancing, dipping and skating. It was a ballerina alongside our boat as we headed towards Phang Nga Bay. I had never seen a flying fish before.

Phang Nga Bay is the home of 42 of the 300 islands in all of the Andaman Sea - home to the famous island where Roger Moore filmed "James Bond: The Man With the Golden Gun", to countless eerie lagoons where monkeys screech in the trees and bats hang motionless in the dark caves.
We took canoes through a hundred metre stretch of dark cave where bats flew over our heads enticing screeches from many of the travellers; the cave opened up into a lagoon where fish swam by our canoe and birds whistled in the jungle around us. We had to lean back to keep from hitting our heads on the hanging stalactites that grazed our noses while we shrank to the bottom of our boat.
On our way back to the mainland we played games with the tourguides - trying to put glass Sprite bottles into formations and listening to techno music as a large rain cloud formed to the south. The cloud masked most of the island, loomed overtop of it and yet the other side of the island was a clear, crystal blue sky.

A streak of sunlight lit a line through the sea as we powered through the waves, back to reality.

"Be a fruitloop in a world of cheerios"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you take any pictures of them?