สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Saturday, January 24, 2009

I miss you <3

I miss her.

My best friend, the only person I've ever met who is EXACTLY like me in every way. There's just something about her that intrigues me, something that feels so familiar. I've only known her for three months, a short three months; our first encounter of which was only a day. The next time I saw her was the Northern Trip with the exchange students. Fourteen days of fun filled adventures and then we had to part ways to our home towns. I saw her again two weeks ago, for the last time, at Kate's birthday party. It seems rediculous to me that we are such good friends, I feel closer to her than I do to some of my friends back in Canada, and yet I've only known her for 3 short months. I've only talked to her on the phone a few times for a minute here or there, and only occasionally do we chat on the internet. There's just something there.

Last week she left home to go back to Canada; it was a shock when she told me. She called me as I was on my way to Chantaburi, with no way of going to see her off in Bangkok or visiting her one last time. She told me she had planned to tell me the last time we saw each other, but I wasn't able to meet her and instead had to return to Nakhon Phanom. I cried on the phone with her, laughed and sobbed while trying to realise that I don't know when I will see her next. I cried on the busride the rest of the way to our destination. I cried all that night, and felt like something was missing from my exchange, from me. I lay in bed, not crying, not knowing what to think, surprised, shocked and unable to think of what to do next.

We're planning to go to the Olympics together since she lives in BC. But who knows if that will work out; who knows when I will see her again. It's weird being in Thailand without a best friend to share it with. I don't have a best friend with me, and though sometimes that gives me free reign to hang out with whomever I want, sometimes I feel alone; like there is no one I could turn to without calling Canada and waking them all up.

My best friend, for only 16 days, and now she's gone.

"Hope guides me and is what gets me through the day and the night. The hope that once you are gone from my sight, it will not be the last time I look upon you"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sucks she had to leave :[
but im sure you can find other amazing friends, sure they wont be the same, but you'll be okay.

i love you <3