สวัสดีค่ะ

My new address is:
2/1 Soy Prachasuksan
Muang Nakhon Phanom City
Nakhon Phanom Province
48000 THAILAND
If you would like to look at videos from my trip I am uploading them at www.youtube.com/user/emma1elizabeth

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. "

"See things as they are and write about them. Don’t waste your creative energy trying to make things up. Even if you are writing fiction, write the things you see and know."

Sometimes my weeks are full of adventure,
And sometimes my weeks are relaxing and slow.
So please be patient with updates,
You want to read them as much as I want to write them.
Peace and Love.

PS. As this is an imperfect world and as this adventure I am on is full of unexpected surprises, I would like to apologise in advance for any comments that may seem offensive or full of frusteration. This whole experience is new and exciting for me, but there are things that I find different and frusterating. I'm not writing about them to complain, but to write the truth of my exchange, the people I meet and all of the places I go to. Because if everything were perfect, it wouldn't be an adventure... it would be a vacation.


Monday, January 12, 2009

Lately

So I haven't written much lately, because life has been fairly slow in the past week or so. I will just write about a few random things as of late:

1. On Saturday Suzanne and I took a bus from HELL to Khon Kaen to visit our friend Kate for her birthday. The bus was infested with hundreds and hundreds of misquitoes; we were also sitting next to the fire escape so they were the worst right beside our seat. Then, a cockroach appeared on the window sill beside my seat and I flipped out and spent about a half hour clambouring and whimpering on top of Suzanne until I asked the steward to kill it. He smacked it and brushed it onto the floor, but then 5 minutes later it was up on the window sill again. I tried to kill it by squishing it with the curtain but those things just DON'T DIE! I ended up changing seats until I was kicked out when more people came on. Then, there was a wailing baby for most of the busride, so by the time we got to Khon Kaen I was exhausted, frusterated and in need of friendship. We spent a lot of time that day at the mall; I saw "Bedtime Stories" in Thai with Kalie and Veronica, and then Kalie and I played Guitar Hero [whack-a-mole style included] for about an hour before meeting everyone for dinner [aka Swensens]. Then we went to meet Kate for Karaoke at a really fancy hotel. We sang karaoke from about 8 until 1; needless to say by the end [after my frequent screamo impersonations] my voice was shot and we returned to Kate's house to sleep with four of us in one bed. The next day Suzanne and I had to come home.

2. The English teachers at my school are driving me crazy, they gossip about me to students; it's extremely childish. But that's all I am going to say on the matter - the rest is saved for my rants with Suzanne and my diary.

3. I bought a guitar book "300 Acoustic Favourites" while we were in Khon Kaen and I have been practicing every night to get better. I also bought a book of chords :)

4. School is boring - the school is having people come and judge it tomorrow for a King's award, so most of the classes are cancelled so the students can help clean the school and make it look amazing. I think it's rediculous that the school doesn't put much money into anything until they are going to be in a competition and then they go ALL out - they redid the cooking rooms with white tile floors, put up overhangs, redid the roads, painted all the bathrooms etc. etc. So, most of my classes are cancelled - quite annoying.

5. It's gotten "cold" here. I wake up in the morning and I don't want to get out of bed, and at night time I sleep with two thick blankets on top of me. I also have started wearing sweaters overtop of my uniform to school - I know it's no Canada, but for Thailand it is cold.

6. My birthday is on Sunday and I am trying to get to go see my friends in Chanthaburi where my friend Clayton is also having his birthday [on the Saturday]. Will the parents cave?

Stay tuned for our next episode!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no quote at the end of the blog :O

Jared Stryker said...

I'm not sure how proficient you are in guitar but I know that I came up with a nice little (probably common) chord progression to get use to snapping fingers into the chord positions (of some of the easiest chords).

C G Em Am
(with a few strums of each in between)
repeat and keep speeding it up each time.

Yeah yeah it's beginner stuff...(like me)